There is nothing more annoying than having your backyard barbeque ruined by mosquitoes. Not only are the bites itchy and irritating; mosquitoes also have the ability to spread disease. A bite from a mosquito has more health risks than we realize, and the potential to carry diseases such as yellow fever, Malaria and West Nile Virus. Once mosquitoes are infected with these viruses they have the ability to pass them on from person to person in an endless cycle of infection. Don’t let mosquitos rain down on your 4th of July parade. Contact the professionals at A-Tex Pest Management and ask about the latest advancements in our mosquito fogging system. Our goal is to provide quality and effective pest control without adversely affecting your environment, using the least toxic, most effective products in the smallest quantity necessary.
The highly skilled technicians at A-Tex Pest Management have provided the following tips to help manage mosquito populations and regain control of your yard.
Mosquitoes require water to breed; adult mosquitoes lay eggs in stagnant water, moist soil or leaf litter. There are some definitive areas that are more likely to collect water and by eliminating these water sources, you can help put a stop to these new generations of mosquitoes infecting your yard.
1. Drill holes in the bottom of any containers used outdoors this will stop water accumulating and effectively reduce the buildup of stagnant water around your yard.
2. Keep your gutters clean of leaf debris; make sure your downspouts drain properly, without leaving puddles in the drainage area. Add extensions if needed to make sure water is carried away.
3. If you have a swimming pool, keep it clean and chlorinated even when you are not using it.
4. After a rain storm, walk your property and check for areas that are not draining properly. If you find a puddle that remains for days you may need to consider re-grading the area.
5. Dump out birdbaths and planters at least twice per week if it has rained, and don’t forget to check the saucers under your flower pots.
6. Never leave water in pet bowls for more than two days.
7. Mow your yard regularly and keep weeds away from the foundation of your home.
8. Window and door screens should be 16-18 mesh and check to ensure they fit snugly without gaps around the edges. Check your screens for tears and repair or replace as soon as possible.
Contact A-Tex Pest Management today and speak with a friendly, customer service professional to schedule an appointment for a free consultation. Ask about Mosquito fogging, a yard and perimeter treatment that is effective for 20-30 days. A-Tex Pest Management is fully licensed and insured and has been serving clients in the Greater Austin area since 2002. Our highly skilled and seasoned technicians have over 30 years of experience and are eager to share that knowledge and expertise with you, our valued customer. Our exterminators are trained in the latest pest control products, techniques and technologies so you know you are always getting the best pest service available.