A-Tex Pest Management supplies commercial businesses and residential homes of the Greater Austin, Texas area with pest control services. We are locally owned and operated as well as being fully licensed and insured to offer professional services and affordable prices. Our technicians possess advanced and ongoing training, years of priceless experience, and extraordinary skills in all aspects of our industry to make them more than qualified to perform any tasks associated with our services. At A-Tex Pest Management we are committed to fast, friendly and thorough service while maintaining traditional values. We utilize premium quality equipment and products sold only to licensed professionals to ensure maximum results.
Types of Food & Pantry Bugs Found in the Kitchen
A-Tex Pest Management extends our services in the Greater Austin, Texas area to pantry pests. There is a wide range of pests that will attack a variety of food found in your pantry; cereals, flour, herbs, spices, chocolate, dried fruits, and so on are all susceptible. These foods can even be victimized by pests without you being any the wiser.
– Cigarette beetle – Food: Rice, ginger, raisins, pepper, dates, seeds, spices, dried flowers and other dried botanicals
– Drugstore beetle – Food: Dry pet foods, flour, meal, cereals, spices, pepper
– Confused flour beetle – Food: Flour, cereals, meal
– Red flour beetle – Food: Flour, cereals, meal
– Sawtoothed grain beetle – Food: Cereals, pasta, flour, meal, nuts, cracked seeds, seed dust
– Merchant grain beetle – Food: Cereals, pasta, flour, meal, nuts, cracked seeds, seed dust
– Rice weevil – Food: Whole grains, rice, corn, millet, rye, beans, bird seed, and caked meal
– Maize weevil – Food: Whole grains, rice, corn, millet, rye, beans, bird seed, and caked meal
– Granary weevil – Food: Whole grains, rice, corn, millet, rye, beans, bird seed, and caked meal
– Indian meal moth – Food: Grain and grain products, dried fruits, seeds, crackers, nuts, powdered milk, candies, dried red peppers, dry pet food, meal, cracked corn
How Do Pantry Pests Get in Your Home?
The pests often get into your pantry’s food in a number of ways. Some come in from the outside your home through cracks and crevices, but mostly, believe it or not, most of these pests are actually brought into your home in the very food products you are purchasing. The origin of the infestation most likely occurred at the food processing plant, the warehouse, delivery truck, or retail store. The longer the packaged food lingers in any of these locations, the most likely infestation can happen.
Pantry Moth & Pest Life Cycles
The beetles and moths that are contaminating your food have four life cycles they include; egg, larva, pupa, and adult. At any stage these insects can be ever present in your pantry’s food supply, but the eggs are generally too tiny to be seen. When these insects become larva, they are at their most destructive phase, but by adulthood is when they are typically noticed.
Pantry Pests; Saw Toothed Grain Beetles, Indian Meal Moths, Maize Weevils & More
Ants, cockroaches, and rodents are common pests that infiltrate your pantry as well, and are generally noticed fairly quickly. If you find your pantry is infested or you need other pest control services, contact A-Tex Pest Management and we will take care of the rest!