There is a reason that people consider cockroaches one of the filthiest pests on earth. They are experts at spreading diseases and contaminating any food they come in contact with. They are also extremely good at infesting your home. If you notice that there are any cockroaches on your property, it is important that you take action quickly to get rid of them. The best way to get rid of them is to keep them out of your home in the first place. A-Tex Pest Management is here to share some tips to help you keep your home cockroach free.
Understanding Cockroach Behavior
It is important to understand how cockroaches behave when you are talking about cockroach exclusion. First of all, if you notice one cockroach in your home, there are surely more where that one came from. These are nocturnal creatures and are experts at hiding during daylight hours. If you notice a cockroach scurrying across your floor during the day, you are more than likely dealing with a significant infestation. Another thing to keep in mind with cockroaches is that they are going to be seeking three things from your home: shelter, water and food. Making sure that you are not meeting these needs for cockroaches will have a big impact on your chances of infestation.
How to Keep Cockroaches Out of Your House
There are several things that homeowners can do to make their home less hospitable to cockroaches.
– Seal: The first thing that you need to do is make sure that you have sealed any openings that would allow cockroaches into your home. This means checking for any cracks around doors or windows, holes in your foundation, or other damage to your house that allows cockroaches as well as other pests inside.
– Store Food Properly: You also need to make sure that you are storing your food properly. Cockroaches are attracted to the same foods that we eat. Make sure you are not leaving dirty dishes in your sink overnight as this is enticing for any cockroach.
– Trash Storage: They are not only attracted to your fresh food but your trash as well. Make sure all of your trash cans have tight fitting lids that will not allow a cockroach to get inside.
– Get Rid of Clutter: As mentioned above, cockroaches are nocturnal creatures and are looking for places to hide out during the day. Keeping your home free of clutter will help keep cockroaches and other pests out of your home.
– Fix Leaks: Make sure you are not providing cockroaches with the water source as well. If you have any leaking pipes, fix them.
Cockroach Pest Inspections, Treatment, Control, Removal & More in Austin, Round Rock, Leander, Pflugerville & Cedar Park Texas
If you were dealing with a cockroach infestation on your property, you can turn to the pest professionals at A-Tex Pest Management to get rid of them. We will work as quickly as possible to eradicate your cockroach problem. Call us today!