No one wants to share their house with mice during the winter. Unfortunately, it happens all the time. Mice are constantly and relentlessly looking for a way into your house during the winter. Oftentimes, they find a way without you knowing it. The thing to remember about mice is that they will hide and come out during the night. Sometimes, they will hide inside your walls. A-Tex Pest Management is here to share some tips to hopefully get mice out of your walls if they have somehow gotten inside.
How Do I Know if Mice are in My Walls?
The trickiest part of getting rid of mice in your house is recognizing that they are there in the first place. Mice can become a big problem because they can sometimes live in your home unnoticed. You have to know what you’re looking for so that when there are subtle hints that there are mice there, you are ready to catch them. Here are some things to watch for:
– Visual Signs: Some of the visual signs you might see around your house are droppings and the mice themselves. If you see droppings around your home, it is a sure sign that there are mice running around somewhere. If you can’t see them, they could be behind the walls.
– Scratching Sounds: There are a variety of noises that mice make as they scurry around behind your walls. You might hear them squeaking, scratching, gnawing, and running or jumping around behind your walls. This will be the most noticeable during the nighttime hours as they are nocturnal creatures.
– Property Damage: When you have mice in your home, there is bound to be some damage. They often chew through wires, drywall, food packaging, clothes and more. They might have even gotten behind the walls by chewing a hole through the drywall somewhere.
How Do I Get Rid of Mice in My Walls Fast?
There are a few different ways to get mice out from behind the walls of your home:
– Rodent Seal Home: It is vital that you find the place where mice are getting into the walls. Sealing up these points will help eliminate the problem.
– Rat & Mice Traps: You can strategically use traps to keep mice out of your walls as well. Setting traps based on the pathways that the mice are using is the best approach.
– Eliminate Food: If mice no longer have a food source in your house, they will move on and find another place to live. Make sure you’re storing your food properly and not feeding them on accident.
Rodent Pest Inspections, Treatment, Control, Removal & More in Austin, Round Rock, Leander, Pflugerville & Cedar Park Texas
If you have noticed signs that mice might be in your house and behind your walls, you are going to want the help of the pros at A-Tex Pest Management. We will be able to eradicate the problem once and for all as we work to help you keep mice out of your house this winter. Call us today!