Pests in and around your restaurant can quickly ruin your reputation and even result in a shutdown that could cost thousands of dollars in lost revenue. Just like your business invites hungry customers to sample your wares, the same applies to hungry nuisance pests like cockroaches, ants, flies mosquitoes and rodents looking for a free meal. One of the best ways to effectively control pest problems at your Austin, Texas, eatery is establishing an interior and exterior pest control program with your A-Tex Pest Management experts.
What is the Best Way to Prevent Pests in Your Restaurant?
1. Inspect exterior of your building. Dumpsters are a breeding ground for pest activity and should be at least 50 feet from the restaurant and staged on a concrete pad to prevent pests from getting underneath the dumpster. Schedule regular pickups and sanitation services and make sure there is proper drainage.
2. Remove standing water sources. Regardless of size, bodies of water can attract pests like mosquitoes and aphids. Mosquitoes carry diseases like encephalitis, so keeping them away from your property is essential. The experts at A-Tex Pest Management provide mosquito control services to keep these pests at bay.
3. Keep vegetation trimmed. Apply mulch regularly to keep the entire area neat. A well-landscaped exterior will attract more customers and deter pests from entering your door. Hiring a professional landscape service is well worth the investment.
How Do I Keep Bugs Off My Outdoor Buffet Table?
The most effective tool to prevent patio pests is prevention. The experts at A-Tex Pest Management can effectively control pests with a comprehensive pest management system customized for your commercial business.
1. Clean outdoor eating areas. The bigger your patio, the more significant the potential for nuisance pests. Flies, cockroaches, and rodents can transmit diseases that could make your customers sick, ruining your reputation and damaging your business. If your restaurant includes an outside patio area, sweep crumbs and take care of spills immediately.
2. Keep tables cleared of uneaten food. Clear tables as quickly as possible after your customers have eaten. Uneaten food is an open invitation and will attract pests faster than you think. Ensure your wait staff pays attention to any dropped food and spilled drinks and clean it up immediately. Food on the floor is a safety hazard and could cause injury if an employee or guest trip and fall.
3. Add fans to keep your customers cool and deter flying insects. You may even consider adding a physical barrier to keep pests away and add to the ambiance of your patio area. Citronella candles have a pleasant fragrance and can be placed around the perimeter of your patio area to deter pests like mosquitoes.
4. Plants that deter pests. Some plants like rosemary, lavender, and lemongrass have a wonderful fragrance. They can also deter pests and create a conversation point and a relaxing atmosphere for your guests as they dine.
Pest Inspections, Treatment, Control, Removal & More in Austin, Round Rock, Leander, Pflugerville & Cedar Park Texas
To learn more about commercial pest control services for your Austin, Texas, eatery and to schedule an appointment, contact the professionals at A-Tex Pest Management today.